- Information including instructions, registration, deadlines, and general PhD program admission guidelines can be found on the Graduate Academic Affairs Division website.
- Please refer to the general guidelines of the current year:
I. Enrollment Quota: The program will accept up to 3 students through admission by application
II. Eligibility of Application: The applicant must have a master’s degree of English literature, Chinese literature, comparative literature, linguistics, or another related subjects approved by the DFLL department chair.
III. Required Documents for the Application:
- A photocopy of diplomas (BA and MA degrees)
- All academic transcripts from the applicant’s bachelor’s and master’s programs (in English)
- A copy of the applicant’s master’s thesis or a published academic work in English
- A CV in Chinese and English (no more than 2 pages combined), a research abstract in Chinese (1 page), and a research proposal in English (no more than 10 pages)
- Two recommendation letters (uploaded as a pdf file by the recommenders)
IV. Application materials review (50% of the application decision)
V. Interview (50% of the application decision):
- Eligibility: the applicants whose review score exceed 75 points will be invited for the interview.
- The list of students who qualify for interviews, and the detailed schedule of interviews will be announced on the department’s official website. The department will not send notifications to the applicants.