Job Title: Research Assistant MA Level
Salary: NTD$ 10,000 per month
Weekly work hours: ca. 10 hours per week.
Job Description: My name is Laurent Cases (凱羅榮) and I am an assistant professor of Classics in the department of Foreign Languages and Literatures. My research focuses on the transformation of knowledge in the Later Roman Empire. The job will consist for the most part in helping me construct a database of Late Roman bureaucrats. The overall aim of the project is to understand how the development of bureaucratic structures affected the transmission of knowledge forms and their expression in the literary record.
- Compile a list of bureaucrats found in the Prosopography of the Later Roman Empire (English), but also in the papyrological record (Greek and Latin), epigraphic record (Greek and Latin), and historical record (Greek and Latin). I will give you keywords to search for.
- Aid in the identification of relevant entries.
- Aid in the construction of dossiers relative to specific individuals.
- Aid in the preparation of grant writing (filing and submitting to the Taiwanese government), especially MOST grant.
- Reading of articles in Chinese on the topic of bureaucratic systems in the ancient world (writ-large)
- Knowledge of Chinese and English (reading and writing fluency)
- Command of Ms. Office, especially Ms. Excel
- Reading knowledge of at least one language (French, German, Latin, Greek)
- Knowledge of database building a plus but not required
Please contact me with a CV and a short introductory letter at email@example.com if you are interested.