The Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures at National Taiwan University announces one adjunct position in Chinese-English and English-Chinese Translation and Interpreting. Initial appointment will begin on August 1, 2022.
- MA (or above) in Translation, Conference Interpreting, Translation and Interpreting, or related fields
- Two years of university teaching experience
- At least one academic book (including MA or PhD thesis) or two academic papers, all of which must be published after August 2017
Teaching Load: a minimum of six hours, including one Translation course (翻譯與習作) and another Translation or Interpreting course
Salary and Rank: Adjunct faculty members are paid by the hour at 735NTD (approximately 26USD; subject to exchange rates) for Assistant Professors and 670NTD (approximately 23USD; subject to exchange rates) for Lecturers (subject to 18% income tax for those who hold a foreign passport and reside in Taiwan less than 183 days in a calendar year).
Application Deadline: 5:00 pm, August 18, 2021, local time
How to Apply: Applicants should email the completed application form (available below) with a CV, a publication list (including MA thesis and PhD dissertation if applicable), and a link to a 15-minute teaching demo video for a translation class to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm, August 18, 2021, local time.
Short-listed candidates will be asked to submit by mail the following documents to Professor Hsin-ying Li, Chair, Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures, National Taiwan University, 1 Roosevelt Rd., Sec. 4, Taipei 10617, Taiwan:
– photocopy of diploma of highest degree
– postsecondary transcript of highest degree
– sample syllabi for translation courses
– two letters of recommendation
– proof of past/current employment
– a photocopy of R.O.C. ID (both sides) (for foreign passport holders, a photocopy of your passport)
– three hard copies of each academic publication listed in the application form
Job Interview: Finalists will be interviewed in Taipei.
We apologize for not being able to return application materials. Please direct all inquiries to Ms. Wen-lin Hsueh: Phone: 886-2-33663210, Email: email@example.com. Information about the Department is available at: http://www.forex.ntu.edu.tw. National Taiwan University is a non-discriminatory institution.